With summer on its way, we will be flooded with guests from all over the world. Here is our 5 Things Wolfeboro list:
- Enjoy the lakes.
- Hike Mt. Major.
- Visit Spider Web Gardens and walk through the cutting garden.
- Walk the rail trail.
- Have an ice cream at Bailey’s Bubble and listen to the band in Cate Park while enjoying the town docks and Main Street shopping.
My husband and I are currently excited about our new book, The 5-Things Travel Guide. In case we don’t get around to writing it (a very real possibility) here is the concept: for each location, we give you the top 5 things to do, according to us. Here’s our list for Newport, Rhode Island.
- Cliff Walk – this is a beautiful and long walk. Wear a bathing suit and pack a towel on a hot day so you can jump into the Atlantic Ocean. Otherwise, just walk and enjoy the view on any day. Gorgeous!
- The Old Stone Mill, Touro Park at night. It looks so much prettier at night!
- The International Tennis Hall of Fame – even if you don’t like or appreciate tennis, this place is worth a stop.
- Sail an America’s Cup sailboat! Such a great way to be in Newport. The crews and captain are very friendly and it’s a blast!
- Any Mansion. It’s Newport. See a mansion.
My husband and I are currently excited about our new book, The 5-Things Travel Guide. In case we don’t get around to writing it (a very real possibility) here is the concept: for each location, we give you the top 5 things to do, according to us. For example, Denver.
- Izba Spa: this place is crazy. If you get their signature treatment, this is how it goes: hot tub for 15 minutes, 30 minute massage, sauna, beat with branches and covered in honey. Repeat. I love it. Read the reviews on Yelp. They are hilarious. If you don’t like heat or deep pressure, it’s probably not for you. I think it’s the best thing in Denver and wouldn’t miss it.
- Botanic Gardens: oh, how we love the gardens. We are members! Each season brings new beauty and it is a great place to take a long walk through gorgeous nature.
- Chef’s Counter at Acorn: Kate and the rest do such a great job here and sitting at the chef’s counter is the perfect place to take in all the action. A great restaurant.
- Red Rocks: what can we say? Even if there is not a concert happening, just walking around this venue is incredible and so close to Denver.
- Surrey Ride through Washington Park: warning – this is harder than it sounds. We did it and loved it but were wishing we had four people pedaling. Or, you can just walk around the park.